Sunday, 16 February 2014

Street Style and Musings - London Fashion Week A/W 2014
























I've been hanging around Somerset House the past few days with the intention of taking some street style snaps at London Fashion Week, but I think I've gained more than just a few photos. It was a real eye opener seeing the best dressed of the best dressed. London is of course one of the most stylish cities in the world and you do see a lot of well dressed people walking around. However, seeing them all concentrated in one place, you are confronted with a huge amount of creativity. And it's as intimidating as it is inspiring,  sparking a bit of a big fish in a small pond moment in me. I am aware I'm a really, really small blogger don't get me wrong, but I always felt like I dressed pretty well (in hindsight, school and university are definitely not good places to draw comparisons since most people roll out of bed and throw on what they see first). But damn, these people know what they're doing, and damn, I don't.

Apart from all of that, Fashion Week has to be the best time to people watch. Fashionistas aside, there are hoards of photographers risking their lives to get their shots. I saw some running out into the road in front of cars for a good angle! There's the security guards, dressed in suits or bright orange safety jackets yelling at people to move each time a Mercedes-Benz tries to pass through. The confused tourists who probably just wanted see Somerset House and picked a bad (or extremely good) time to visit. My favourite was a woman who had security telling her the van she arrived in needed to move out of the way. In a stress-filled moment, she took out a box marked fragile from the van and slammed it right on the floor.

TLDR: these people have style, I have a long way to go, and I like taking creepy headless photos of people.

SHARE:

6 comments:

  1. how i wish i live in London. :/ haha. Wow. you guys are so stylish! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I do think some of the people there dress quite interestingly I think mostly it's all a bit of a circus- most people just chuck on the most ridiculous crazy outfits they can just to be noticed and have their picture taken! I wouldn't be so hard on yourself :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!
      That's true, there were quite a few of the those people! I also realised a lot of them do have more money to spend on their outfits. I'm taking it as something to aspire to now, not to beat myself up over :)

      Delete
  3. Oh very interesting outfits and pics!
    comment to me back to keep in touch!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete

© PUT THE RADIO ON | All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig